Antivirus Live CD is a 4MLinux fork including the ClamAV scanner. Both Ethernet (including Wi-Fi) and dial-up (including fast USB modems) Internet connections are supported to enable automatic updates of the virus signature database.
1) Boot your copy of Antivirus Live CD (or Antivirus LiveUSB):
2) Once it has booted, you can log in as 'root' using password 'root':
3) After executing 'help', you will see the following screen:
4) And after executing 'antivir', you will see this screen:
5) It is highly recommended to update virus databases:
If you need to configure your Internet connection, you should run the 'netconfig' script (the procedure is very similar to the one described here).
6) And finally, when the update process is over, you can start the ClamAV scanner:
Antivirus Live CD will check all your disks against viruses. This is possible because all partitions are mounted automatically during boot so that they can be scanned by ClamAV (the supported filesystems are: btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, f2fs, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, nilfs2, ntfs, reiser4, reiserfs, and xfs).
7) AntivirusLivecd has Midnight Commander (file manager) and Links (text-based web browser), which can be very helpful in some cases:
AntivirusLivecd is able to make a backup of your data (and to send it to a remote FTP/SFTP server if desired). Just try it yourself by executing 'backup' and 'fsbackup' commands!
Good luck :-)